Statement of Rental Criteria
In order to assist you with your decision on your new home, we are providing the following screening criteria which are used to qualify residents for occupancy at our communities. Please note that this is our current screening criteria: nothing contained in these requirements shall constitute a guarantee or representation by
APPLICATION FEE, ADMINISTRATIVE FEE AND DEPOSIT:
-Refundable Security Deposits are $100.00 for a one (1) bedroom apartment, $200.00 for a two (2) bedroom apartment, and $300.00 for a (3) bedroom apartment.
-Application Fees are non-refundable. $35.00 per individual applicant and $50.00 per married applicant.
-The non-refundable Administrative Fee is $100.00 per apartment home.
-Deposits and fees are subject to policies set forth in the application agreement and are subject to change.
-72-Hour Cancellation Window
All applicants and each adult occupant age 18 or over must complete a separate rental application. Legally married couples will submit a joint application. :
-Should the applicant cancel the application within 72 hours of applying, the application deposit will be refunded. The application and administrative fees are not refundable. Applicants have 72 hours after applying to cancel the rental application and receive a full refund of the application deposit.
-Should the applicant cancel the application 72 hours after applying or fails to execute the lease contract, the application deposit, application and administrative fees are not refundable.
-Should the applicant fail to provide all supporting documentation necessary to complete the approval process, the administrative fee will not be refunded.
- For the purposes of these guidelines a "family" shall consist of the following persons: One or more individuals (who have not attained the age of 18 years) living with: (1) a parent or another person having legal custody of such individual or individuals; or (2) the designee of such parent or other person having such custody, with the written permission of such parent or other person.
-The term "family" shall also apply to any person who is pregnant or is in the process of securing legal custody of any individual who has not attained the age of 18 years.
Should a household exceed the occupancy guidelines during the course of the lease term, residents will be required, upon the end of the current lease term, to transfer to a larger apartment home with additional bedrooms.
Occupancy standards for the community are generally no more than two (2) persons per bedroom, but may vary depending on the characteristics of particular floor plans. For occupancy purposes only, dens and studies may be treated as bedrooms. The exception to occupant limitations is persons protected under familial status Federal Fair Housing Guidelines. In this case, two (2) persons per bedroom, plus one (1) additional person in the apartment home is permissible. Infants, defined as persons less than 25 months in age, will not be considered when determining occupancy (limitations).
-Acceptable evidence of income includes, but is not limited to:
All applicants are required to have verifiable income. To qualify without a guarantor, the combined gross monthly income for lease signers must be at least three (3) times the monthly market rent.
-Current and consecutive pay stubs totaling one month of employment or written verification from a direct supervisor or human resources administrator of the applicant's gross monthly income.
-Offer letter for applicants starting a new job.
All applicants are required to have one year of verifiable employment history. In the event that employment history cannot be verified, the applicant will be required to pay an additional deposit or secure a guarantor.
Guarantors will be accepted in the event that the applicant’s rental history (not to include evictions), credit or income is inadequate. For guarantor supported applications, an individual application fee will be required. A Guarantor must pay an application processing fee. Guarantors must have a gross monthly income of six (6) times the monthly market rent and they must meet all other qualifying criteria identified in this screening policy. The guarantor will be required to sign the Lease Contract Guaranty to support the application.
· Form I-551 Permanent Resident Card - Alien Registration Receipt Card (form includes photo and finger print)
· Form I-766 Temporary Resident Card (form includes photo and finger print)
· Form I-766A Employment Authorization Card (form includes photo and finger print)
· Form I-485 Application for Adjustment of Status
· Form I-94 Arrival-Departure Record (passport or other form of photo identification must be submitted with form I-94)
Each international applicant will be required to complete a Supplemental Rental Application for Non-U.S. Citizens as well as the standard Rental Application. International applicants must provide documentation from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) that authorizes the applicant to be in the United States. Proper documentation must be provided at the time the application is submitted.
CREDIT AND CRIMINAL:
· Late payments, lack of established credit, an overall negative credit rating, unpaid bills, liens, bad debts, judgments, open or discharged bankruptcies, foreclosures, or moneys owed to a mortgage company may result in a declined application, require an additional security deposit or a guarantor.
· Unpaid debt to other rental communities will result in a declined application. If a judgment is satisfied, or the debt to the landlord has been satisfied and proper, verifiable documentation has been provided to the community, the application will be re-evaluated.
A criminal background screening will be conducted for each applicant and occupant age 18 years or over. The application will be denied for any of the following reported criminal related reasons:
· The following felony and misdemeanor crimes (including pending cases) committed within the last 99 years: crimes against children, homicide/murder, registered sex offender, sex related crime against person, other (felony) sex related crimes.
· All other felony crimes (including pending cases) committed within the last 20 years.
The following misdemeanor crimes (including pending cases) committed within the last 5 years: arson, assault, battery, burglary, crimes against animals, crimes against children, crimes against government and/or government officials, kidnapping, robbery, sex crimes (other), incarceration due to conviction.
Credit screening will be conducted on all applicants. Income plus verified personal and credit history will be entered into a credit scoring model to determine rental eligibility and security deposit levels. Unfavorable accounts which will negatively impact the credit score include the following:
Any two or more (same offense or a combination thereof) of the following misdemeanor crimes committed within the last 5 years: alcohol and drug related crimes, destruction/vandalism/damage of property, disturbance to peace & order, domestic crimes, embezzlement, organized crime/conspiracy, theft/larceny, trespassing, weapons.
· No charge class listed, no disposition listed.
· Evidence of active status probation or parole resulting from any of the above.
· An eviction of any applicant or occupant
· A skip or money owed to a previous landlord (unless paid in full)
· Three or more insufficient payments (NSF) submitted to a community or landlord within the last 12 months
· Three or more late payments submitted to a community or landlord within the last 12 months
Applicant must have a minimum of one year cumulative verifiable rental or mortgage payment history. Rental history must be satisfactory (i.e., rent paid on time, residence left in satisfactory condition with no outstanding charges for damages) and all lease obligations must be fulfilled at current residency prior to approval. In the event that the previous landlord cannot be contacted, six consecutive months of proof of payment must be verified and a copy of the lease contract must be provided. Less than one year rental history will require an additional deposit equal to ½ month’s rent or a guarantor. Applications for residency will automatically be denied for the following reasons:
All residents are required to maintain renter’s insurance throughout their tenancy at the community. The minimum requirement, per apartment home, is $100,000 in personal liability coverage.
· The minimum refundable pet deposit is $250.00 per pet.
· The minimum non-refundable pet fee is $250.00 per pet.
· The maximum combined pet weight per apartment home is 75 pounds.
· The following dog breeds and any hybrid thereof are not permitted: Akita, Alaskan malamute, American Bulldog, Chow, Doberman Pincher, German Shepherd, Giant Schnauzer, Great Dane, Husky, Wolf (all types), Mastiff (all types), Pit Bull Terrier (including Staffordshire terrier and Staffordshire bull terrier), Rottweiler, Shar-Pei, and St. Bernard.
· Exotic animals such as ferrets, snakes, rodents, or lizards, or poisonous animals such as tarantulas, insects, and certain types of fish are not permitted.
Two pets are permitted per apartment home.
An application must be submitted for each resident or occupant 18 years of age or older. Legally married applicants will be required to complete a joint application and unmarried couples, roommates or guarantors will be required to complete separate applications. Each applicant must provide a government issued photo identification (valid Driver Licenses, State Photo ID card or Passport) for all persons age 18 years or older. A photocopy of the identification will be maintained in the applicant’s/resident’s records. If you have indicated on your Rental Application that you are a Non-U.S. Citizen, you will be required to complete a Supplemental Rental Application for Non-U.S. Citizens.
Signing below indicates the following: a). I / we authorize
Recreational vehicles including but not limited to boats, jet skis, trailers or RVs are not permitted at the community. Slate Creek at Westover Hills to verify all information on the rental application by all available means, including consumer reporting agencies, public records, current and previous owners, employers and personal references; b). I / we understand that Slate Creek at Westover Hills reserves the right to revise or modify the Statement of Rental Criteria at anytime without notice. Statement of Rental Criteria 07/09/2014
I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAD AN OPPORTUNITY TO REVIEW THE PROPERTY’S STATEMENT OF RENTAL CRITERIA, WHICH INCLUDES REASONS WHY MY APPLICTION MAY BE DENIED, SUCH AS CRIMINAL HISTORY, CREDIT HISTORY, CURRENT INCOME, AND RENTAL HISTORY. I UNDERSTAND THAT IF I DO NOT MEET THE PROPERTY’S RENTAL SELECTION CRITERIA OR IF I FAIL TO ANSWER ANY QUESTION OR GIVE FALSE INFORMATION, THE PROPERTY MAY REJECT THE APPLICATION. TERMINATE MY RIGHT OF OCCUPANCY AND RETAIN ALL FEES AND DEPOSITS AS LIQUIDATED DAMAG